Choice TV’s all new local series, NZ Hunter Adventures follows father and son team Greg and Willie Duley, from NZ Hunter magazine, on their extreme hunting adventures throughout New Zealand. This 10-part series is filmed entirely on public land throughout New Zealand and will take viewers to the most rugged and remote parts of this beautiful country.
Episode one sees Greg and Willie at the awe inspiring Aoraki/ Mt Cook. Climbing up and over the main divide with ropes, crampons and iceaxes, braving avalanches and ice cliffs, they follow the migration routes of the magnificent Himalayan tahr and nimble chamois all the way out to the West Coast.
Greg and Willie use products from WASPcam including:
· WASPcam Gideon Action-Sport Cameras
Watch the guys in action in the first episode starting Wednesday 11 March at 9:30pm.
Follow updates at:
WASPcam - http://waspcam.co.nz/
Follow social media action at:
WASPcam Australasia - https://www.facebook.com/WASPcamAustralasia
About Greg & Family
Greg is extremely active and experienced hunter who loves all types of hunting. He and his family absolutely live, breath, eat and sleep hunting, and are passionate about sharing this with NZ Hunting readers. They hunt small game and varmints, waterfowl and upland game birds, and the full spectrum of big game animals in NZ.
Greg is also very passionate about preserving the future of the sport by active involvement with the major organizations such as The Game Animal Council, Kaweka and Lower North Island Hunter Liaison Groups, Fish and Game NZ, and the NZ Deerstalkers Association. He always tries to put his time and money where ‘his mouth is’, to ensure our hunting and fishing recreations are there for future generations to enjoy. “It’s part of what makes us New Zealanders!’ says Greg.
The 2015 Ocean Film Festival is due to hits Australian shores next week. With 22 screenings across 19 Australian venues the festival will showcase some of the world’s most inspiring and moving ocean short films. The tour begins on Wednesday 4 March in Brisbane, with the last screening scheduled for 19 August in Darwin.
“At the Ocean Film Festival Australia our vision is to inspire you to explore, respect, enjoy, and protect our oceans. Film is at the heart of the Ocean Film Festival Australia and we aim to share the best films from around the globe with our audiences.” says Jemima Robinson, Ocean Film Festival organiser.
The 2015 festival will screen over 2 hours of the most inspirational, educational and entertaining films related to the ocean from independent film makers both international and Australian. The festival will include a unique selection of films of varying lengths and styles covering topics such as the oceanic environment, marine creatures, ocean related sports, coastal cultures and ocean lovers.
The Ocean Film Festival Australia is committed to conserving the oceans and $1 of every ticket sold is donated to Project Aware, Australian Marine Conservation Society or the Surfrider Foundation Australia , to support them in their crucial work conserving our oceans.
“Our goal each year remains the same: that the audience leaves the theatre feeling inspired to get salty more often and to love and protect our oceans.” says Jemima.
Nightly door prizes include the chance to win either the Ahnu Hanaa sandal for women RRP $99.95 or Fisher sandal for men RRP $139.95. Ahnu’s product goal is to achieve uncompromising footwear performance. Looking at balance between fitness and fashion, performance and aesthetics, profit and philanthropy, and work and play. From their factory standards, to the use of certified post-consumer recycled fibers in their catalogs and packaging, the commitment is visible throughout all aspects of the brand.
Festival goers are also able to enter the overall festival prize to be into win a WASPcam Gideon Action-Sport Camera valued at RRP $579.95. The all-new ‘Gideon’ is WASPcam’s premium camera model, featuring serious pixel-power, higher frame-rate quality and WASPcam’s new Live Viewing Display (LVD) Wrist Remote.
Tickets can be purchased at - ticketek.com.au
For more information visit - oceanfilmfestivalaustralia.com.au
The Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge is nearly here and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I have been in touch with the organisers a bit as the event draws closer and this has been great so everything is starting to feel very real.
This week has been another week off the bike for me and I am not sure at all if this is the correct build up but I have been running each day. The reasoning for this is that I had started to feel a bit stale with all the cycling training I was doing and by having a few days off the bike I actually really looking forward to getting back on it next week. Also, I find if I go for a 45 minute run then it is a good workout and gets the blood pumping and the legs moving.
The plan for the pre-race week is pretty simple. I'll probably be going for daily runs as I have been doing this week and about 72 hours before the event I'll just relax and stretch and start to put together all the gear I'll need for Taupo. I imagine next Friday in Taupo is going to be fairly different in town then when I am normally in the region for work with all the riders coming from all over NZ and further afield for the race. I am looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere and showing around my little two year old boy as he's a big fan of anything with wheels.
I'll be keeping a bit more of a close eye on my nutrition before the event too and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into plenty of carbohydrates in the lead up to the event. As I have previously mentioned the only person I am racing in Taupo really is myself and as cliche as it sounds I think that everyone that attempts events like this is a winner because it is very easy to sit on a comfortable couch and not give these sorts of things a crack.
My personal goal is a sub 5 hour time however I would genuinely be stoked just to finish the race because whether I finish 50th, 500th or 5000th in my classification is pretty irrelevant. Having said that I'll probably be off like a bull in a china shop roaring away whilst all the proper cyclists just power past me!
For the event it's been confirmed that I'll be wearing a WASPcam which is a high definition action sport camera to capture footage of my ride so my efforts will be available to be seen in glorious detail on the big screens around the finish area. Hopefully the last image on this won't be of me coming off my bike and getting a face full of tarmac.
Bring it on Taupo.
Thanks to getting her photo taken at the recent Big Boys Toys 2014 and tagging her image on our Facebook page, Cecilia has won for herself the all new WASPcam GIDEON Action-Sports Camera with LVD Wrist Remote.
Short, sharp and sure to shock, the Radical Reels Tour proudly supported by WASPcam has officially kicked off. To celebrate our involvement with this great event we have 2 x tickets available to the Sydney Seymour Centre screening on Thursday the 13th. To get your name in the draw, simply share the Facebook competition post. See below for full competition Terms & Conditions.
Designed to keep audiences on the edges of their seats, the films feature daring footage of some of the most accomplished climbers, paddlers, base jumpers, skiers, snowboarders and mountain-bike riders alive today. Each action-packed short film has been hand-picked from more than 300 entries to the most recent Banff Mountain Festival (the largest and most prestigious mountain-adventure, -culture and -exploration festival in the world).
The Radical Reels Tour is the Banff Mountain Festival’s fast-paced, furious little brother. This year, the Australian line-up showcases two-and-a-half hours of heart-stopping action. Filled with wild rides, long lines, steep jumps, and skilful stunts, these films celebrate the camaraderie, courage and conviction of today’s most out-there adventurers.
Captivating cinematography, complete with stunning vistas shot from unbelievable vantage points, pays homage to the wild and rugged playgrounds today’s thrill-seekers explore with their mountain bikes, paddles, ropes, skis, snowboards and wingsuits in tow.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entry is open to all eligible Australian residents who share the WASPcam Australasia Facebook Competition Post. Employees of Allsports Distribution Ltd, Marmot retailers and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
2. The competition runs from 7th November 2014 to 11th November 2014.
3. To enter, you must share the competition post on the WASPcam Australasia Facebook page.
4. The prize is 2 x Tickets to the Radical Reels Tour Screening at Sydney's Seymour Centre on Thursday the 13th valued at $25.30 AUD each.
5. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (“the Winner”).
6. The Winner must be over 18 years of age. If the winner of the prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian.
7. The prize will be drawn by random generation on or after the 11th November 2014.
8. The Winner will be announced on Facebook and they will be required to email their contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the winner does not respond to the notice within 24 hours, the prize will be redrawn.
9. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
11. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Allsports Distribution Ltd in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
12. By participating, entrants grant Allsports Distribution Ltd exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
13. By entering this competition you give Allsports Distribution Ltd permission to send you periodic e-newsletters with the latest news, offers and product information from Marmot Australasia. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any stage by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the emails.
14. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Allsports Distribution Ltd control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Allsports Distribution Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
15. Allsports Distribution Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process of attempting to act in a fraudulent or otherwise dishonest manner.
16. Entry into the competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. All entries and information received by Allsports Distribution Ltd is treated as confidential.
Simply head along to the WASPcam stand at Big Boys Toys and say hello to our delightful WASPcam girls. They'll be capturing selfies with you and your mates and uploading these to the WASPcam Australasia Facebook page. Share one of these photos online and you're in the draw, it's as easy as that!
Photos will be uploaded Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings so be sure to check the 'Big Boys Toys 2014' album to see if you've made the cut.
WASPcam is pleased to announce that we will partnering with the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge in 2014, New Zealand's benchmark cycling event.
As part of this partnership, there will be WASPcams out on the road and MTB courses capturing event coverage which will be shown on the big screen.
WASPcam will also be at the Sport & Lifestyle Expo on Friday the 28th November from 10am till 10pm at the Great Lake Centre selling and profiling our great range of action-sports cameras: Jakd, 9900/9001 and GIDEON.
Click here for more information and to enter the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge.